Saturday, November 19, 2011

Social Skills help!!?

I'm not the kind of kid who is a nerd who is annoying, but a 13 year old kid who had some social problems. It's so much as a girlfriend or boyfriend kind of thing, but more with friends. I know a kid who used to go to my elementary school and we were great friends, then 7th grade we started off as friends, then later in the year, he went with some other people. I don't know why i didn't follow him, maybe because i have some shyness problem. I also am very aware that i am a loner who barely has any friends too. Can someone help me with social skills? there is nothing physically or mentally wrong with me either.

Social Skills help!!?
Making good friends is hard all by itself, but when you add being shy to the mix it becomes very difficult. We all have needs and desires to have friends, but the first rule to having a friend is being one. And just like anything else it takes work and study too. Spend some time watching other people say at the store, the pizza place, or where ever you may be. Watch them closely. Take note of what you like and dislike about what you see. Watch how they interact with others. Generally speaking I think you will find that people who are happy attract others. Feeling good is what everyone wants and so we tent to gravitate towards others who feel that way themselves. We like to be around people who make us feel good about ourselves. So be happy and step out of yourself and see the good in others. It will be hard at first to tell them the good you see in them, but do it anyway. It will get easier the more you do it.


Good luck to you. PS, I know how you feel.
Reply:Be yourself. People will like you for who you are. I know it's hard (being shy),I was very shy too. But I found out that people will either like me or not, without me saying a word. I now find that I can talk to just about anybody. If someone doesn't like me I just leave them alone. Their lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment