Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Social injustice - (Atonement)?

I have to write things about my social issue. I'm planning to talk about when the innocent are convicted guilty for crimes they didn't do. So in my eng. class, i had to read atonement and talk about that social issue.





My actual question is whether anyone can find any other literary works (fiction or non -f novels or newspaper articles) that i can relate it to my novel, maybe any websites that give statistics on how many people may be innocent but were sentenced to prison. I just need things to relate to it (academic wise). Also if anyone could suggest any books to read for this social issue or websites since i need to do a report on it afterwards.

Social injustice - (Atonement)?
Jacob:





The Innocence Project was founded several years ago to address just such situations. Using primarily DNA evidence, the project has compiled an impressive and growing record of reopening cases and exonerating individuals - especially those headed for the gallows - who have been wrongfully convicted of committing crimes. In so doing, it has raised public awareness of the troubling and irreversible effect of the ultimate injustice: the taking of an innocent life by means of the death penalty.





The website (link below) contains a wealth of statistical information and an excellent examination of the issues. I highly recommend it.
Reply:A book called Noughts and Crosses which is a trilogy, it is really good and completley ticks your boxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment