Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Social work?

I'm in college and thinking about my major. I may want to become a social worker. anyone a social worker that can tell me what you do?? and is it hard to become a social worker? thanks!

Social work?
I have been a social worker for 20+ years. We can do many types of jobs in many areas. There are psychiatric, correctional, private practicing therapists, political action teams, and supervisors of programs that benefit the greater good. You can specialize in populations like kids or the elderly as well as a direct practice where you help individuals or in organizational focus where you work for social and political goals/change.


Count on getting a Master's Degree for a good salary and many states now ask that you pass an exam to obtain an license to practice.


Its a good path and you won't get too rich but the difference you can make in the lives of others has some pleasant karmic benefits. Good luck to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment