Thursday, August 19, 2010

What were some social impacts made by Teddy Roosevelt?

Well, first off I'm doing research on the impacts of Ted Roosevelt. My specific topic is social impact, but I honestly have no idea where to start. I've come up some points of him being a peacemaker(I've found during my reading he won a Nobel Peace Prize) and was a conservationist, although I'm not sure if that has anything to with "social"-ness. Anyways, i find it hard to write 5 pages on just that. I'm not even sure if I did research on the rite topic.





Well, back to the question. What were some social impacts made by Teddy Roosevelt? I'd like to hear some points to get an idea of what I'm supposed to be researching. Also, it'd be a great help if somebody specifically explained what exactly SOCIAL impacts ARE. Thanks in advance. C:

What were some social impacts made by Teddy Roosevelt?
Teddy Roosevelt was President when the pure food and drug act and the meat inspection act were passed. He was a progressive President that started looking out for consumers.


Prior to these acts, industry was allowed to put contaminated meat on the shelves for customers to buy. A journalist named Upton Sinclair wrote a book called THE JUNGLE. It exposed the meat packing industry.





Roosevelt offered his "SQUARE DEAL" to workers of the time period. He wanted big business to start treating workers better.





Hope this gives you a starting point.


No comments:

Post a Comment